Provide a title for your page
Food for Thought
A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be.
Frank A. Clark
Happy Fathers' Day.
Father's Day has always been an interesting day to me. Especially years ago, I thought that it should be a celebration of the raison d'etre for the day, the children. This year I've been thinking more about the Day than usual. For the past few weeks I've been trying to figure out when, for me, Father's Day evolved into being about the dad. When can a dad step back & admit to himself that he's done a good job. And what are the criteria?
I figure that thirty years is a good time to make this transition. I've decided that if a dad can conclude that his son or daughter is a better person than he, then dad has been very successful. I've decided that I (actually we, since I didn't do this alone) did an extraordinary job because our son Matt is a better person than me. I've also figured out that the joy of watching a son develop is a lifetime task. I'm watching, smiling, bursting with pride. Matt, I'm intensely proud of the person you've become, the choices you've made, & the people with whom you've chosen to build relationships. Happy Father's Day!
We'll be at the Urban Harvest Eastside Farmer's Market Saturday from 8:00 AM - Noon, at 3000 Richmond Ave. We have a Father's Day Special: Our Sriracha, Worcestershire, Hoisin & Raspberry Chipotle Sauces, & our All-Purpose Spice Rub, a great value for only $22.00! You can pick it up at the Eastside Market, or order it at our On-Line Store
Our Raspberry-Chipotle Barbecue Sauce is perfect with our Grass-Fed Smoked Brisket or Pulled Pork. Stop by for a taste. We'll have 3 smoked cheeses this week: Bleu, Sharp Cheddar & Parmesan. We also have some other deliciousness for you to serve to your guests this weekend, or to bring to Dad. Of course we'll have our Green & Red Sriracha Sauces & our Artisan Hoisin Sauce. We'll also have our fabulous All-Beef Salami, made from fabulous Longhorn beef from Fayette Cattle Company. It has a wonderful blend of herbs & spices, fresh garlic, & a touch of apple-wood smoke. This salami is really special - so full of flavor you won't believe how little fat it contains. Longhorn beef is naturally about 4% fat, and we never add any fat or fillers to ours. It also has so much less salt than what you're used to in commercial salamis. Stop by the Market for a taste or six.
Here's a full list of what we'll have at the Market tomorrow, or what you can order by phone for delivery, or on-line:
If you can't make it to the Markets you can order our products on-line or by phone. We ship all over the country, and we also offer free delivery within 10 miles of downtown Houston for orders of $35.00 or more.
- Raspberry-Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- Chicken-Apricot-Toasted Walnut Sausage
- Slow-Smoked Brisket
- Longhorn Beef Salami
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Pudding
- Breakfast Sausage - Fresh ginger, fresh garlic & sage, so much flavor!
- Al's Own Spice Rub - Just a bit of heat, less than 1% salt & tons of flavor!
- Green or Red Sriracha Sauce - you've got to try it!
- Chicken-Roasted Poblano Sausage. The Original Don't be fooled by the cheap H.E.B. knockoff you've seen them advertise. These are the original & the real deal!!
- Artisan Vodka-Based Vanilla Extract We use Dripping Springs Vodka & age in oak barrels for a year!
- Artisan Rum-Based Vanilla Extract We use Railean Texas Rum, distilled in San Leon, & aged for a year in oak!
- Maple Cured, Maple Smoked Bacon - the Best in Texas according to the Houston Press
- Pate de Campagne - a no-holds-barred French classic complete with pistachios
- Artisan Aged Worcestershire Sauce, aged for 3 months to develop a rich, mellow flavor great for meats or in a Bloody Mary!
- Whole-Grain Chardonnay Mustard
- Tart Cherry Mustard
- Hoisin Sauce - Our own made-from-scratch & loaded with umami
Click Here to Shop On-Line
Follow me all week on Twitter - @gratefulbread. And please retweet me so I can get the word out to all of your friends.